30/04/2014


Jenni Douglas Maker of the Month Q and A

1  Who are you and what do you do?
I'm Jenni Douglas, the printmaker/designer behind A Pair of Blue Eyes, based in Edinburgh.

2  What is your main inspiration?
Edinburgh is a very inspiring place to live.  It's full of lines and colours and patterns that keep my brain amused all day.

3 Where do you work from?
I recently moved house and am lucky enough to have a nice big room to use as a studio.

4 What do you do to relax?
My work is usually pretty soothing, but I also enjoy cycling, running, pilates and film watching/discussing.

5 Tell us something surprising about your studio space/education/life experiences.
I'm self-taught.  I decided not to study formally when I left school and I honestly haven't regretted it.

6 Where did you study?
See question 5.

7 What’s the best advice you can give to other makers or have received?
Believe in yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

Where do you see your creative practice going?
I'd love to get more involved in teaching.

9 Who would you like to have over for dinner?
My pals and family.  They're a cool bunch and I don't see them as often as I should.

10 What is the best thing about being an independent maker?
There are so many plus points.  It just makes me very happy to be doing what I love.  That, and not having to wear office clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment